Wedinghausen Monastery was one of the most important monasteries in Westphalia. It was founded around 1170 and disbanded in 1803 during the Napoleonic Wars. As a result, parts of the building were destroyed, demolished or used for other purposes. The renovation under the preservation order had the task of saving the west wing with its cloister and the former monastery library in order to make the important history of the place tangible again. The cloister now shows its baroque setting again and through the “window into history” in excerpts further states of its long history. In a research project, the old monastery library was also inventoried and its holdings were then shown again in the renovated rooms.